Optimist MMX-3Sort List
Optimist MMX-3 Dynamic Display Device (integrated)
Dialect MMX-3 Speech Generating Device (dedicated)
The Optimist-MMX-3 has been upgraded once again to improve this latest augmentative/alternative communication (AAC) aid from ZYGO. As in the past, ZYGO has enhanced a versatile PC to provide the loud, clear output and switch access input required for an AAC device. The physical attributes are obvious from the pictures—it's usable like a laptop from the keyboard and/or as a touch-screen tablet. It's durable, is drop and spill resistant, has a built-in carry handle, and will withstand the demands of everyday use.
The Optimist-MMX-3 is available preloaded with a choice of AAC packages and a variety of speech synthesizers. Or, the unit is available without software so you can add your favorites.
Dialects, dedicated Speech Generating Device (SGD) versions, are available for Medical Assistance requirements. They are identical in every way to the Optimist-MMX except non-communication functions are locked out. You choose the AAC program, but it will only run the AAC software you choose. The Optimist is an integrated communication system, while the Dialect meets the restrictive Medicare criteria as a dedicated speech generating device. The Medicare HCPCS code is E2510.
The Optimist-MMX and Dialect-MMX come loaded with AAC software of your choosing. Recommend the software program that best meets the needs of your client. Choose from The Grid 2 from Sensory Software, Windbag 3 from Sensory Software, Mind Express from Jabbla, Speaking Dynamically Pro (Boardmaker Software Family) from Mayer-Johnson, Tobii Communicator from Tobii ATI, or any of the other Windows based AAC programs.
You can also turn the Optimist into an environmental control system by adding an Abilia (GEWA) Progress Star USB infrared transmitter which can be run directly from The Grid 2 or Tobii Communicator software.
The Optimist MMX-3 has long battery life, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other features you are sure to appreciate.
- 10.1" Hi-Res 1366 x 768 Anti-Glare, resistive touch, swivel, LCD screen
- Water resistant keyboard with touch pad
- 2 megapixel swivel camera/webcam
- Touch screen handwriting recognition and on-screen keyboard
- RJ-45 Ethernet port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- 2-in-1 SDHC/MMC Card Reader
- Battery life 10 hours; Recharges in 3 hours
- "Bump Sheet" (optional with -0 model)
- Soft carry pouch (optional with -0 model)
- Choice of AAC program, e.g. The Grid 2, Mind Express, Windbag 3
- Environmental control transmitters
- Wheelchair mounting systems
- Intel Atom Dual Core N2600 1.66 GHz, 4 GB 800 MHz DDR3, 160 GB HD
- MS-Windows® 7
- Audio: 2-Speaker stereo backpack; Two Headphone jacks, 3.5 mm
- Built-in Microphone; External microphone jack, 3.5 mm
- 2 USB ports; 2 -switch scan ports, 3.5mm; 1 HDMI, 1 VGA out
- Lithium-ion battery pack, 100-240V, 50/60 Hz AC adapter/charger
- Size: 10.6 x 8.2 x 1.2 in. (26.9 x 20.8 x 3 cm)
- Weight: 3.7 pounds (1.7 kg)
|039-0630-00||Optimist MMX-30 (without software or accessories)||$2,900.00|
|039-0630-60||Optimist MMX-3W with Windbag 3, Acapela Speech for text-to-speech||$3,350.00|
|039-0630-20||Optimist MMX-3C with The Grid 2, Acapela, SymbolStix, and Widgit Symbols||$4,500.00|
|039-0630-70||Optimist MMX-3M with Mind Express, RealSpeak voices, and SymbolStix||$4,750.00|
|039-0630-10||Optimist MMX-3B with SDP/BM, SAPI, PCS||$4,750.00|
|039-0630-30||Optimist MMX-3V with Communicator, Acapela, SymbolStix||$4,750.00|
|039-0631-X0||Convert integrated Optimist MMX-3 into Speech Generating Device (SGD) - Add||$1,100.00|
|016-0032-00||Soft Carry Pouch (already supplied with MMX-3 except -30)||$80.00|
|333-0084-00||Bump Sheet (finger-screen touch support, supplied with MMX-3 except -30)||$25.00|
|386-0331-10||Clamp-on Mounting Plate for MMX-3||$350.00|
|386-0039-11||Quick Release Mounting Plate for MMX and MMX-2||$150.00|
|425315||Progress Star USB IR transmitter||$735.00|