- Hits: 8326
This section describes ZYGO's standard warranty relating to all ZYGO devices.
INSPECT YOUR NEW MERCHANDISE IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT
DAMAGED GOODS CLAIMS
- Always accept the shipment.
- Note the damage on the delivery freight bill and have the carrier sign it, acknowledging the damage (i.e., "crushed, smashed, bent, torn carton," etc.). Send a copy of the notated freight bill to ZYGO-USA, Fremont, California.
- When damage is not always obvious, call the carrier, report the damage and request an inspection within 15 days of delivery. Save the container that held the damaged item(s), along with the merchandise for the carrier's inspection.
- Forward the carrier's inspection report and your description of the damage to ZYGO.
- Hold the shipment awaiting disposition, as claims may be disallowed by the carrier.
- If a replacement is required, enter a new, separate purchase order.
RETURNED GOODS POLICY
- Items may be accepted for credit only if accompanied by our billing reference or Invoice number. All items being returned must have prior approval from ZYGO-USA..
- Returned merchandise must be in new and re-saleable condition. Returned items may not include 'opened' bulk packages or kits.
- All returns are subject to a 15% re-stocking charge.
- It is the customer's responsibility to review the Sales Order Acknowledgement and advise ZYGO of any corrective action necessary. The re-stocking fee of 15% will apply on standard units and parts only. Custom and/or special units may be returned subject to re-stocking standard components only.
- Quantity/Term Discounts, as shown on the original Invoice, are subject to being deducted from the credit issued.
- If unit(s) return disqualifies the original Invoice quantity for Quantity/Term Discount, the entire Quantity/Term Discount will be subtracted from allowed credit.
- All merchandise must be returned Pre-Paid unless otherwise instructed by ZYGO.
- ZYGO-USA will not be liable for goods damaged in transit unless ZYGO is notified within 10 days of delivery date.
- Goods may not be returned for credit after 60 days from Invoice date.
Any complaint should be sent promptly to ZYGO's Customer Service Department with all pertinent information (including Purchase Order Number, Invoice number, carrier's inspection report, etc., as appropriate). ZYGO will take action to correct the cause of the complaint.
LIMITED PRODUCT LIABILITY
ZYGO-USA warrants its products against defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of shipment from our factory. This warranty only includes defects that relate to the manufacture of the product and the parts that are used.
- Some products distributed by ZYG-USA carry the respective manufacturer's warranties.
- Other companies' commercially available products, incorporated into ZYGO-manufactured devices, carry the respective manufacturer's warranties. The modification(s) made by ZYGO is(are) covered by the one (1) year Warranty.
- Perishable and external accessories and batteries are excluded from this Warranty.
- This Warranty does not apply if, in the opinion of ZYGO's Service Department, the product has been damaged by accident, abuse, misuse or misapplication, or as a result of service or modification by other than our factory.
- Products covered under Warranty will be serviced at no charge for parts, labor or return shipping/insurance. However, shipping and insurance charges to the repair service facility must be prepaid.
- Repair not covered under Warranty is charged at the following rates:
- Incoming inspection and labor is charged at the value equal to one (1) hour of current hourly repair service rate or $100, whichever is greater.
- Major parts/accessories replacements are charged at the current published retail price.
- Excessive labor for nonstandard repairs is charged at the current hourly repair service rate and any quarter-hour fractions thereof.
- Repair service estimates are charged at the current hourly repair service rate and applied toward the ultimate overall charges.
NOTE: It is advisable to call the factory prior to processing repair service to assure the most expedient, cost-effective action to be taken.
Desired modifications may be requested and will be quoted prior to initiating any such work. This may include engineering design fees as well as standard factory labor and parts/accessories.
PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN THE WARRANTY REGISTRATION PROMPTLY!
Print and use the warranty registration card if you did not receive one with your product.